Saturday, November 12, 2022

It has been years since I have posted on this old blog: I recently published my first book - Blessings!

HE IS! Knowing God through Fifty Scriptural Meditations can probably be considered devotional theology that is inspirational in nature. I share from my own stories of life and ministry like a grandpa would tell his grandchildren to make the devotionals relatable to life and practical. At the end of each devotional there are reflection questions and more suggested Scripture to read for one's personal meditation and spiritual growth. I took the challenge of Hebrew 11:6 to seek God seriously by looking for all the God is statements that I could find in the Bible and discovered that God clearly reveals who HE IS throughout the history and stories of the Bible. Each chapter is a HE IS statement about God that helps us to know Him better as we mediate on each attribute of God. I suggest that readers do a slow reading of the book through the year by taking one chapter each week, so they have time to really pause and think about who God is. However, a quick read can also be enlightening as one is exposed to approximately 800 quoted verses of Scripture through the fifty, HE IS meditations. Of course, I like my grandpa stories that are spread throughout the meditations, but the meat of the book is the Bible Scriptures that tell us who God is being pulled together in each chapter to focus on one particular attribute or work of God. Each chapter can be read independently, however there is a flow to the order of the chapters and A few chapters build upon the proceeding chapters. After reading the book after publication in preparation for a speaking engagement I realized that there is a sub theme of God being our Heavenly Father and we His children through faith that ties it all together with a crescendo in Chapter 47, HE IS OUR FATHER. I believe for the one who takes the time to read this book slowly it could be life changing. My life changed in the research and writing of it and this happened over many years as shared in the Preface. Blessing to anyone who chooses to read this book and take the Hebrew 11:6 challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment